Cygnus DIVE Underwater Gauge
With its bright, very large, AMOLED display the Cygnus DIVE is simple to operate, providing accurate and reliable thickness measurements, underwater. Depth rated to 300 metres.
Available with data logging, topside, HelmetView™ and twin crystal probe options.
MSI™ Measurement Stability Indicator – this is a feature exclusive to the Cygnus. When using the DIVE Gauge in Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes, MSI™ confirms when a reading is stable by turning the thickness measurement numbers from red to yellow.
- 300 m depth rated
- Wrist-mountable, giving the diver a free hand
- A-Scan (selectable)
- Data logging – stores 5000 measurements and A-Scans
- “Auto-Log” – no log button to press
- AMOLED display, easy viewing from all angles for diver and camera
- Multiple-Echo, error- checked measurements through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Single-Echo – for use on uncoated surfaces with heavy back-wall corrosion/ pitting
- MSI™ Measurement Stability Indicator – exclusive to Cygnus, confirms a stable reading in Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
- Echo-Echo – for use on painted surfaces with heavy back-wall corrosion/ pitting (through up to 0.5 mm paint)
- HelmetView™ – optional remote display.
Topside Repeater with Video Overlay
Allows real-time thickness measurements and calibration settings to be overlaid on the dive monitor screen. Also supplied with a hand held repeater unit.
- Measurements superimposed on to a composite PAL or NTSC video signal
- Overlay can be re-positioned anywhere on the screen
- Measurements and locations recorded on the survey video.
The Cygnus DIVE can be connected to a laptop on the surface running Cyglink software. This can then be used to log readings and control gauge settings, for example the velocity of sound. Reports and graphical analysis can then be produced and saved.
Developed by Cygnus for divers in black or limited visibility water. The small remote OLED display is mounted just in front of the lens on the diver’s helmet. With adjustable brightness, the thickness measurement is clearly visible to the diver. When auto-log is being used, the HelmetView™ display will indicate when the reading is logged.
Up to 5,000 measurements and A-Scans can be stored. The “Auto-Log” feature saves each stable measurement meaning the diver doesn’t have to press a button every time a readings needs to be logged. Supplied with CygLink version 4 software.