Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode
The Cygnus 6 PLUS PRO has a range of features for the professional user including, multi-mode measuring capabilities, A-scan, real-time B‑scan, manual and automatic gain control and comprehensive data logging.
Designed for the harshest of environments with a simple to use keypad and intuitive menus. It incorporates a bright colour LCD display and an end mounted rotatable OLED display for easy viewing in hands free and rope access applications.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and extremely durable while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world.
The unit still relies on Multiple-Echo to provide simple and accurate measurements, with the added benefit of Echo-Echo and Single-Echo using twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion. Echo‑Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or back-wall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
Contact us to find out more about the Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode or any of our other thickness gauges or request a quote online.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and back wall pitting
- A-scan display
- Real time B-scan display
- Manual and automatic gain control
- Comprehensive data logging capabilities
- Bluetooth connectivity
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) used in Single‑Echo and Echo-Echo measurement modes
- Large bright colour LCD screen with back light
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Wrist mountable
- Minimum / maximum measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Intuitive easy to use menu
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing to IP67 – US MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo strength bars to assist quick measurements
- Buttons integral with the TPE moulding and designed for min 100,000 depressions.
Data Logging Key Features:
- 3 available formats: sequential, grid and template
- Add comment
- Add radial points
- Versatile data logging which allows measurements and A‑scans to be saved
- 5,000 measurement points (including A-scan) per record
- Records are saved to a removable SD card
- Selectable Auto-Log feature
- Records easily transferred via gauge USB port to Cyglink software where they can be exported to a CSV file or a PDF report.
Cygnus Probes and Cables
Cygnus Stainless Steel INOX Probes (Single Crystal Probes)
The INOX probes have an updated ergonomic design and easier to read frequency, identification and serial number. All frequencies of INOX probes have a black face and a colour coding system to identify probe frequencies. Used in Multiple-Echo mode, these probes require no zeroing, have a high linear accuracy, are ideal for general thickness gauging, for use on pipes and have replaceable wear membrane for long life.
Cygnus Stainless Steel INOX Probes (Twin Crystal Probes)
Used in Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes for a focussed ultrasound beam for improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
Using standard industry connectors the probe lead uses a custom made over moulded cable that offers superior flexibility and resistance to oils and ultraviolet light. The cable will not stiffen after exposure to ultraviolet light.
Along with the wrist and neck straps supplied in the kit there is also an optional belt clip, offering a range of flexible handling solutions for all types of applications.