Waste Heat Recovery Unit (WHRU) Robotic Crawler
The key design requirements are for a system to travel up to 20m through a 24’’ header pipe and deploy a camera inspection system into the 12 adjacent 6’’ exchanger tubes.
Key design requirements:
• Primary robotic platform required to fit within a 24’’ OD straight pipe and travel up to 20m
• Each header row will consist of 12 adjacent exchanger tubes
• The secondary robotic system required to be deployed from the header pipe into the adjacent heat exchanger pipes
• The secondary robotic system is required to fit within a 6’’ OD straight pipe and travel up to 10m
• The secondary robotic system is required to visually inspect the 6’’ exchanger pipes
• Primary robotic platform required to provide a stable platform for the secondary robotic system to be deployed from and recovered to.
• The design needed to provide protection to the secondary system’s tether from the 90° transitions
• The solution needs to provide a safe and functional method for recovery in the event of power loss or drive system failure
• The primary system is required to be able to adjust the height of the platform