Waste Heat Recovery Unit (WHRU) Robotic Crawler
The key design requirements are for a system to travel up to 20m through a 24’’ header pipe and deploy a camera inspection system into the 12 adjacent 6’’ exchanger tubes.
Key design requirements:
• Primary robotic platform required to fit within a 24’’ OD straight pipe and travel up to 20m
• Each header row will consist of 12 adjacent exchanger tubes
• The secondary robotic system required to be deployed from the header pipe into the adjacent heat exchanger pipes
• The secondary robotic system is required to fit within a 6’’ OD straight pipe and travel up to 10m
• The secondary robotic system is required to visually inspect the 6’’ exchanger pipes
• Primary robotic platform required to provide a stable platform for the secondary robotic system to be deployed from and recovered to.
• The design needed to provide protection to the secondary system’s tether from the 90° transitions
• The solution needs to provide a safe and functional method for recovery in the event of power loss or drive system failure
• The primary system is required to be able to adjust the height of the platform
Contact us to find out more about the Waste Heat Recovery Unit (WHRU) Robotic Crawler or any of our other custom crawlers or request a quote online.