Versatrax™ VT150 Pipe Inspection Systems
Inuktun’s range of Versatrax 150TM Pipe Inspection Systems combine advanced camera technology and precision maneuverability with power, reliability and functionality.
The system is suitable for a wide range of environments including pulp and paper mills, the mining industry, oil and gas refineries and pipelines, sewer and storm drains, hydroelectric systems and steam headers. What’s more, its modular design means it can be tailored to meet any unique inspection requirements.
There are three parts to the system, namely the vehicle, the camera and the control system – all of which have intuitive controls for ease of operation.
The transporter vehicle operates on two Brass Clutched MinitracTM Crawler Units which allow easy steering in parallel configuration if required (minimum pipe diameter of 150mm in-line chassis and 300mm for parallel chassis) as well as ease of retrieval. The chassis is manufactured from aluminium with dimensions of 476mm (width) x 146mm (height) x 304mm (length). The tether cable comes in a standard 160m length, with optional extension up to1000m for long-range inspections.
The high resolution ¼” Colour EX VIEW CCD colour camera offers manual and automatic options for both focus and exposure. It comes in a standard aluminium casing with a stainless steel option, and is formatted NTSC/PAL. Sensitivity is less than 1.5 lux and the camera has a 460 TV Lines resolution for optimum inspection clarity and results. Two wide beam flood lights and two narrow beam spotlights with a total 45.2W power input provide ample illumination for dark or dimly lit environments, with auxiliary lighting provided by two 50W quartz/halogen lights with a variable intensity.
The control system is powered by an 88-264 VAC 50/60Hz motor and has an easy-to-use membrane panel with proportional joystick, cruise control and keyboard entry. Other features of the system include a tether reel with electric variable speed, horse power motor and distance counter and a video overlay (including date/time, pan/tilt feedback, tether distance, menu system and inclinometer).
Depending on the individual needs of your application, you can order the following optional extras for the VersatraxTM Pipe inspection System – manual crank tether reel, pelican case and/or pendant controller, monitor and a rear camera.
Contact us to find out more about the Versatrax 150TM Pipe Inspection System or any of our other robotic crawlers and tractors, or request a quote online.
- Long range pipe inspection up to 1km
- SubSea pipeline Inspections 60m depth rated
- Pre start-up inspections
- Culvert Inspections
Case Studies and Technical Solutions
- Modular, versatile, low maintenance internal pipe inspection system
- Underwater and terrestrial applications for a variety of pipe sizes
- Suitable for 3600 views and close-ups of pipes from 150mm in diameter upwards
- Long range inspection capability up to 1000m
- Total weight 42.5kg (vehicle and camera)
- Waterproof to 60m
- Can withstand temperatures between 00 and 500C
- Crawler unit can travel up to 9m per minute
- High resolution colour camera with auto or manual focus (remote)
- Camera zoom capability of 40:1 (10x optical, 4x digital)
- Camera provides high quality video image with pan, tilt and zoom capability
- Benefits include modular design, precise controls and ease of operation