LIZARD® M8 Eddy Current System
LIZARD® M8 System
The LIZARD® M8 NDE system is an advanced electromagnetic defect detection and corrosion mapping system for structural and materials integrity assessment. System variants are available for topside or subsea inspection use, both operating under the same LISS software to ensure a common interface for all users. With the implementation of the new build standard, the LIZARD® M8 is now able to drive extended probe cables of up to 200M in length, whether topside only or topside to subsea allowing for the use of the topside LIZARD® M8 system for ‘near-surface’ or ‘air diving’ subsea inspection programmes. For deepwater applications, the LIZARD® Dive system is available either for diver or ROV deployment.
The LIZARD® system provides uncompromising performance in one low-cost instrument. Whether your need is LIZARD® Electromagnetic Array, LIZARD® AC Field Measurement, advanced LIZARD® Field Gradient Imaging (FGI) or Classic Eddy Current inspection or alternatively choose a user-defined combination of techniques to ensure total confidence in defect detection.
The latest build standard of the topside LIZARD® M8 provides
- Multi-Channel system compliant with EN1711, EN473 and ASTM E2261-07 inspection
- Lizard® Inspection and Analysis software (LISS)
- Lizard® Eddy Current, Alternating Current Field Measurement, EMA (Electromagnetic Array) and FGI (Field Gradient Imaging) simultaneous acquisition display
- Defect sizing, display switchable between raw signal and defect depth modes
- Remote controlled operation for single-user operation
- Fast digital sampling for rapid inspection rates and software filters for scan noise reduction
- Full inspection traceability with full data storage and retrieval
- Metal sorting capability
- Automatic probe gain set up
- Standard RS485 USB Communication Port allowing up to 500M distance between Lizard® M8 and laptop/PC
- Additional RS232 communication port for optional short distance connection
- Lizard® FGI, EMA and Alternating Current Field Measurement probe support via Lemo connector
- Classic Eddy Current probe Jaeger style connector (adaptors available for most third-party Eddy Current probe types, alternative connector options available at point of order)
- Scan Encoder input for the marker, distance, remote control use
- LIZARD® Probe extension ready up to 200M, either for topside to topside or topside to subsea
- Easily sourced rechargeable Smart battery pack for up to 10 hours use
- Easily sourced universal AC adaptor/charger unit for continuous use or charging of Smart batteries
Contact us to find out more about the LIZARD® M8 or any of our other NDT testing equipment or request a quote online.